Monday, September 22, 2014

Single Digits!

Aloha everyone!

As you have probably gathered, I have been called to serve in the Hawaii Honolulu mission (The Aloha Mission)! When I opened my mission call, I had a total of 109 days until I reported to the Provo Missionary Training Center. Now, suddenly, I have 9! WHAT?

The time has flown by, so fast. These past few weeks have been so challenging, but also so rewarding. Preparing myself to go through the Mesa Temple for my endowments, and writing me farewell talk came with a lot of anxiety. I do know, though, that I was never alone in the process. I have a strong testimony of this gospel, the power of prayer, the blessings of the temple.

My farewell talk was not only just that, it was also the first talk in sacrament meeting I've EVER given! I joined the church a year ago, so you can imagine I was feeling extremely nervous and terrified. The day prior to my talk, though, I went through the Temple with so many supporters, including one of the missionaries who taught me the gospel only a year ago. It was such a sweet and spiritual experience! I KNOW that I was able to deliver the best talk I could because of the calmness and strength I received from the temple.

I can only imagine how much more I will grow not only in the gospel, but as a person during my 18 month mission. My Mom will be posting my emails on this blog weekly while I'm gone, so you can either look for the link on Facebook those weeks I email, OR you can subscribe right there on the left via email (:

Mahalo, everyone!

~Sister Noriega


Mesa Arizona Temple! Where I received my endowments (:

No comments:

Post a Comment