Monday, January 5, 2015

2015~ The Year of Miracles!‏

Aloha yet again, everyone!

This week has been really great. So far with permission from our mission president, we've watched Frozen (Christmas day), Despicable Me 2 (New Years Eve) and The Saratov Approach (New Years Day). So naturally it's been a really great week! But really though, who thought it was a good idea for a bunch of missionaries to watch the Saratov Approach? Go Google the movie and you'll understand :P

Wednesday night, after we watched Despicable Me 2, Sister UV & Sister Sateki came to our pad and spent the night. Thing about Hawaii, fireworks start going off at about 10pm, and didn't stop til about 5am or so. It is SO BEAUTIFUL THOUGH. Pretty much anyone here can shoot off fireworks. Lasike and I actually live on the 2nd floor of a members home in our own pad, so because we are elevated we were able to get a clear view of all the fireworks (: It was a special moment, and we rang in the new year by drinking. Being Mormons, we naturally drank champagne. 

JK we drank sparkling cider, fooled you didn't I? :P

Happy New Year!


On Thursday, we had our P-day! The 4 of us sisters in the zone went shopping, and we went and got pedicures! It was a fun day, and I just really love my companion. This is our last full week of the transfer, so by next Monday I'll know whether either of us survive and stay in Kaneohe 1st ward :P

So on Friday, I started getting sick. Remember in like, August or September when they had that big hurricane come through but it ended up being nothing?
Well, this time there was no hurricane, but the winds and the rain were severely terrifying. Funny thing, Lasike and I were TRACTING AND WALKING AROUND FAR FROM OUR CAR WHEN THE RAIN AND WIND HIT AT THE SAME TIME. So much for my sickness getting better, eh? Look at this madness



This picture was taken at the beginning, I was even more soaked and freezing by the time we finally climbed UP THE HILL to our car. It was traumatizing, but somehow I loved it. (:

Saturday, as expected, I woke up even more sick that previously stated. I had a fever, bad cold, and I was just so tired and miserable. There was something in me, though, that told me to get up and go. Sister Lasike, she really is the best, she tried to make me stay in bed and rest, but I wasn't having it. I kept saying "We are going to see miracles, I just know it!". The Spirit was so strong. I knew it wasn't time to rest, yet.
Back-track a bit, so we got this refferal from the Kaneohe 3rd ward elders, to this lady named Chasity who has 3 sons who were just baptized a week ago. She was previously taught by the sisters who just left last transfer, and was uncomfortable with Elders. Lasike and I had gone to her house 5 times, and every time there was no answer. It's about 1pm at this point, and we decide to just try again. RIGHT BEFORE we knocked on her door, I said super loudly "We ARE going to see miracles!" and the next thing I know, we knock and Chasity opens the door.

She cried. She was so happy, and she kept saying "I knew the Lord would answer my prayers and send you to me!". She is a dry Mormon. She knows the Book of Mormon is true, she lives it and knows the gospel, except for one thing: she and her boyfriend are not married. She wants to get baptized SO BADLY, but until either he moves out or they get married, it's a no go. BUT she wants us to come and teach her 2 times a week starting this week, and she thinks they will get married this year. DANG THE SPIRIT TOTALLY GUIDED THIS ONE. I literally couldn't stop grinning the rest of the day, she and her boys are the kindest little family. Can't wait to teach her on Wednesday (:

Fast and testimony meeting yesterday was extremely powerful. We had a full chapel (because church starts @ 9 instead of 1 now), and so many different people were there. We have some amazing people in our ward, who inspire me with their stories. Gosh, I love this gospel so much!

Just so you know, Mom, I am doing nearly 100% better today (: No more rain! Haha, for now.

I LOVE MY MISSION. It's hard, but it's the best. My Mom just told me I hit my 100th day in the mission this week! So crazy! I am anxious/excited to see how this next transfer goes. I will let you all know ASAP. Love you all! Stay safe, stay cherry, love others and tell those around you how grateful you are for them! :D

~Nori


This is me currently, I'm proud of my hair so just humor me and look at my fab hair :P


1 comment:

  1. Her hair really is fab. Also the rain over there looks so pretty, but it stinks she and Lasike had to walk in it. Jeez.

    ReplyDelete