Saturday, February 7, 2015

What does your tag mean to you?‏

Malo e lelei everyone!

This week has been pretty eventful, both in a good and bad way. I want to always focus on the positive things, though! (:

We had zone conference on Friday, and the Kaneohe Zone combined with Mililani. Because we had the conference in Kaneohe, we had to provide the special musical number. We did a mash up of "Nearer my God to Thee" and "Love at Home". It ended up sounding pretty nice! We received some really great counsel from President and Sister Warner, and from the 2 AP's. We learned of truly being a prepared missionary, and disciple. How important it is to prepare! As missionaries, we plan our days out, every single half hour is planned out. We prepare lessons for individuals, and for families that we will come in contact with. It is vital that we are ALWAYS prepared to share a message. God places so many people in our path, and there's no way we can predict when we will be given an opportunity to serve. Along with the teachings, we did some role-plays as a zone. So funny thing, President Warner stayed with our zone, and he sat next to me. I HAD TO ROLE-PLAY WITH MY MISSION PRESIDENT LIKE THAT DIDN'T MAKE ME NERVOUS OR ANYTHING PSH. 


Actually I was pretty impressed with myself, I stayed calm. He played the role of an investigator who has a hard time understanding the BOM, set with a baptismal date but was hesitant, and the only one in his family who would be joining. Hmm, sound familiar to your favorite missionaries conversion story? :P
I taught, and did my best to follow the promptings of the spirit to how I could best help this man. President Warner was extremely impressed with my performance, and said that I am a good listener and am able to discern the needs of the people I teach. How much that means to me, especially after these past few weeks! It was great (: I love zone conference! I was also able to see Elder Snell, who is serving in Mililani, who I came out with! Yesterday we hit our 4 month mark on the mission! :D Crazy, yeah?

On Saturday, I went to Honolulu for exchanges. My companion with Sister Ahockovi, and we really hit the ground running. It was cool, so serve in the Kahala ward. There are so many special people in each area of Hawaii, and beautiful places to see. We met choke people, but probably my favorite visit was with this older uncle and his wife. They were just sealed in the temple last year, and have a strong testimony. He was super funny, and you can tell how much he loves missionaries. He is such a jokester, and told me I was a chicana and all these things, and he suddenly got very serious. He looked straight at me, and asked "What does your tag mean to you?" I was startled. I never really thought about what the tag truly meant to me, other than marking me as a missionary. I thought for a moment, and the only thing I could come up with was "That I am a disciple of Christ". What a powerful moment that was, though, to have a reminder as to why I'm out here. I am serving the Lord, and HIS children. Yes, I am experiencing many personal joys out here, but it really is all for Him. Dang it was such a great day!

On Sunday, it was fast and testimony meeting. One of our investigators came, and he was the FIRST person to go up and bear his testimony. He said how grateful he was for His walk with Jesus Christ, and for the Mormon Missionaries. Then he said:

"I am very grateful for Sister Noriega, especially. Her testimony is beautiful, and she said something so beautiful to me: That I am a true disciple of Christ, an example to those around me, and I sound like a missionary. I cannot wait to become a member of God's true church upon the earth, and I thank you all."

Dang. How important this work we are doing out here is. I love my calling as a full-time missionary, and although it may be challenging at times, I know it is all worth it. I love Kaneohe, and the people I've met. I'm not sure where I'll be next transfer, but for now, I will continue to serve here with all my might, mind and strength. I love this gospel, and I know it is true. I love my Heavenly Father. Nobody said this mission would be easy, but they said it would be worth it. I know this to be true.

'Ofa atu,
Sister Nori


Honolulu near the blow hole

Kaneohe Zone

Sister S who I came out with - 4 months in!!

1 comment: