Monday, June 29, 2015

Second Chances

Aloha everyone! #TeamNori here, with TRANSFER NEWS!

The news: I will be staying here in the Palehua ward in the Makakilo zone! Hermana Castaneda is returning to the Visitors Center, so my new companion is Sister Mitchell! My former compa, Harris, trained Mitchell. I am so excited for this new change! We have had a rough few transfers here, and the new changes are very welcome. I love this ward, and am grateful for this 2nd chance in this ward. 

This week has been pretty crazy. For good and bad. 

Our car has had multiple issues, and we finally had to take it in. Our car was stalling, and we were in danger. We live up a very large mountain, and so it's pretty hard on our car. The brakes were nearly out, and we needed to take our car to Waipahu... and when we did this, they immediately took our car and we were stranded in a ghetto area. It was sketch, but the Lord protects His missionaries (: We had 2, nearly 3 days without a car. And of course, summer just started and whatever... #sweat #gross

The Maili Kai Samoan ward has been killing it lately. We have kept up the district floods each week, and we finally had 2 sisters come out with us! Cas and I were able to go on splits. I was with an 18 year old girl named Ella. She's amazing! Her Dad is pressuring her to go on a mission, and this was her first experience with the missionaries. Our district leader specifically asked me to go with Ella, to help her feel more open to the idea of serving. Let me tell you, Ella is already a missionary! She's fearless and bold, like you need to be on the mission field. She knocked on the doors, testified as the Spirit directed. We walked up back Makakilo Drive back to the chapel, and we were able to have a long talk about missionary work. The Spirit was strong with us, and we were able to clear up any false ideas she had of missions. She told me:

"Sister Noriega, when I first met you, I knew you were special. Thank you, for your testimony and service. I am now going to start my mission papers, and going to mission prep. I love you, and love your testimony. Thank you, for everything."

I cried, she's amazing. Watch out mission field, here comes Sister Kekiva! <3

We also had a different youth named Saini come with us Friday. She just moved here about a year ago, from Samoa. She has struggled. She's the only active one in her family, and has a lot of opposition in her life. Saini was so perfect with me, we have extremely similar stories. She is now starting her mission process. What an amazing few miracles, with active members. I LOVE being a missionary!

We also had another HUGE miracle... A family we've been trying to visit for 12 WEEKS. 12 WEEKS, every other day, trying to visit. We got a very strong prompting to visit this particular family. Luckily, we followed it. AND THEY WERE ALL HOME. ALL 7 KIDS AND THE MOM. We were able to share a message about Jesus Christ and the Atonement, and how we can overcome trials. This family is so special. The Mom and Dad have divorced, and suddenly the Dad is about to pass away in ICU. They need all the prayers they can get. We have another appointment with them this coming Saturday <3

I have seen so many miracles this week, especially these past few weeks. I love my Heavenly Father, and all He has provided for me. I'm grateful for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, chances. I am grateful for the power of prayer, and the prompting of the Spirit. I look forward to beginning this 7th transfer of mine. AHH! Time is flying (:

ALSO THANKS FOR ALL THE BIRTHDAY EMAILS! I can't believe I'm 20 on Sunday... How did that happen? Wasn't I like, just born or something? Love you all! Be safe this 4th of July weekend! (:

'Ofa atu,
Sister Noriega

Friday's District Flood!

My ukulele, Pele (pay-lay), and I (:




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an eventful week, to say the least! I had to deal with some major car issues, too... I should tell Alexis all about the ordeal, jeez.

    ReplyDelete