Wednesday, August 5, 2015

STRIVE‏

Aloooo-ha everyone! :D

We had another good week here in the Palehua ward. On Tuesday, we didn't have a very special, out of the ordinary day. Tuesday night we went on exchanges, and I was able to go with Sister Willardson into the Tongan branch. It was a really great exchange, mostly to help Willardson out. Her companion had to unexpectedly go home for medical reasons about a week ago, so she's been covering 2 wards with another set of sisters. It's been rough on her, and she's stayed super strong! I was so blessed to be with her for exchanges, so we could focus on her area solely, and help her to get her mind at peace again. (: It was a great day!

Wednesday, we also had a zone meeting. We had our zone leaders give a training on the divinity of The Book of Mormon, and how it's a "Divinely designed" for us in this day and age. Gaining a testimony of The Book of Mormon, and the prophet Joseph Smith, is vital in this work. We as missionaries know that the Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the gospel, and that is why we must testify and teach with the Spirit; to help others come unto Christ and find this out for themselves. It was a great reminder (: They also showed us this new video, called STRIVE. It talks about how we should STRIVE to better ourselves in the gospel, and to develop ourselves as disciples of Christ. How we can stand as an example to others, and how important we are as individuals to Heavenly Father. Here's the link, it's a great video! https://www.lds.org/youth/video/strive?lang=eng

Nothing super special happened the rest of the week, until Saturday. What happened Saturday, you ask?



KELLIANN WAS OFFICIALLY BAPTIZED INTO THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a Spirit-filled experience. She had so many family members from around the island come to support her, and to participate in the program. The best part, though, was her Dad DID come! As previously mentioned, he's very less active and wants nothing to do with the church. My personal favorite moment of the program was when Kelli's Mom, Lori (on the right) gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. Just the love Lori has for the gospel and for her daughter, it was such a sweet moment (: Sunday at sacrament meeting, Kelliann was confirmed a member and received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Another surprise: HER DAD CAME. He came half-way through sacrament, by himself. His wife didn't even know he was coming, it was a great surprise! The Cruz family is such a special family, and I will always remember them and their example of Christ-like love and patience.

Sunday, Sister Mitchell and I also had the opportunity to be interviewed by all the young women in our ward! They had some questions that were hard to answer, just because they were super personal and in depth, and then we had the simpler questions, like "How many outfits did you bring with you?". We have a solid group of YW in this ward, I pray they will consider serving. They're already missionaries in their own respect. It was a wonderful weekend for us!!!


I love my mission. As I move forward in my mission, I realize how blessed I am. I will only get a certain amount of time as a full-time missionary, specifically set apart to do His work. I will be able to do so much in my life, listen to music, watch movies, all that jazz. BUT I only have these 18 months to serve the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength. I strive everyday to become a better disciple of Jesus Christ, and become the woman that God intends for me to be and needs me to be. I have been so blessed in my mission, and as transfers approach, I have peace of mind. Knowing I will be sent somewhere I am needed, or stay here longer because my work here isn't finished. I love you all so much, and I know this church is true. Look for the little, everyday miracles. I promise as you do so, you will feel the Lord's love more fully and you'll desire to share that love with others (:

Ofa atu,
Sister Noriega

Hawaiian sunsets are my favorite

I still hate hiking, but we did it again as a zone this morning

1 comment:

  1. Man, the production value on that Strive video is really good!

    ReplyDelete