Monday, November 24, 2014

Hau’oli La Ho’omakika’i!‏

Aloha once more, loved ones!

This week has been crazy, and it's about to get even crazier. This is Sister Teuscher's last week on the mission, and so she has a lot to do. We drove to Honolulu on Wednesday for her 'dying' interview with President Warner. I'm super sad to see her go, and so is everyone else :( BUT while we were in the office, we got to see the official Mormon Message for this Holiday season (I'm not sure if it's been released yet to the public). It is so amazing, and really shows and reminds us of the true reason for the season. Please go watch it, if it's out (or as soon as it's released). 
(:

SO THIS WEEK. A lot has gone down. 

Our Zone leaders called us Thursday afternoon, and told us we were having a meeting at 3pm the next day with President Warner, because he needed to discuss some things with the Kaneohe zone. Now, this isn't normal, so of course my anxiety was on overload for the next 24 hours. When we got to the meeting place, we learned that there has been a lot of disobedience in our mission, and that several missionaries have been going out of zone and making some not so good decisions. Our zone leaders were released from their positions, and President Warner really just wanted us to know how important being obedient to not only God's commandments, but being obedient to the mission rules was. It was really great to see how those missionaries truly took responsibility, and apologized for their actions. I respect them so much, and they are good examples of being able to go through the repentance process while on a mission and still receive miracles. Honestly, the more I meet with and talk to the other missionaries in my zone, the more grateful I am for them. I never thought I could get this attached to a group of people I met only 6 weeks ago, yet here I am. I love the Kaneohe Zone (:

Our investigators and members are doing really well! Leni wasn't able to come to church this Sunday. Her little baby, Serenity was up all night Saturday crying and fusing, and Leni didn't sleep and she got sick. I wish we could've helped her more, but she is set on coming next Sunday. She and her family are so sweet, they have been so prepared by the Lord. She totally has faith in Christ, and it's been amazing to look at her progress record. When they started teaching her and her family in May, she didn't want to get baptized at all, but maybe have Jasmin baptized. Now, only recently has she wanted to get baptized herself, and with that has come faith and really relying on Heavenly Father. She prays all the time, and loves it when we come by. (:

Saturday night has been one of the greatest nights of my mission, so far. We went over to Aunty Lily and Uncle Willy's for dinner with Elder Whitely and Elder Va'enuku, as we do every fourth Saturday. With it being Sister T's last dinner with them, they really made it special. They set up outside a big table, with SO MUCH FOOD, and Aunty Lily's cousin and brother were there. Her brother had a beautiful guitar with him, and we jammed all night. We sang hymns, local Hawaiian songs, and I even was able to sing some of my favorite Beatles tunes! :D There was such a special spirit that night, though, and it was that moment that I realized I was in Hawaii. The lights were dim, and the wind was blowing softly, and it was beautiful. I realized how blessed I was to be sent to this mission, and to LIVE and SERVE the people of Hawaii for 18 months. 

I can't believe I've almost finished my first transfer already. It's so bizarre that Thanksgiving is this week, I honestly had no idea. It's funny how being set apart as a missionary truly sets you apart from the world. Not in a bad way, but just, we don't hear the Christmas music, the commercials for all the black Friday sales. We truly are focused on the people and their needs, and what they need from us. I love this work. I love serving the people here, and the love I feel from them and my Heavenly Father. 


For Thanksgiving, we so far have 4 different dinners to go to. Fun fact: Sister Teuscher gained 7 pounds on Thanksgiving alone last year. Who wants to guess how much I'll be gaining this Thursday? :P I am kinda scared, not gonna lie. I know the Lord will bless me with an extra stomach or 2... I hope. (:

I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so grateful for each and every one of you that have helped me on this journey, whether it was money, words of love and support, or just an email. I love you all. Stay cherry, Arizona!

Hau’oli La Ho’omakika’i,
Sister Noriega <3

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad those missionaries were able to handle getting in trouble like they did. They sound like they're genuinely remorseful, and I kinda feel bad. At the same time, I'm proud of them! Also, I'm proud of Alexis! Just hearing about how lovely Hawaii is from her makes me feel better about her being away. I still miss her, and I'm always worried about her, but I'm happy she loves her zone!

    ReplyDelete