Saturday, July 18, 2015

Dakine (Code word, I can't think of a subject line)‏

Malo e lelei and aloooooooooo-ha! (:

We've had another amazing week here in the Palehua ward. Sister Mitchell and I are growing stronger in our comp unity, and hastening the work here in the ward. We have had many miracles happen this week that we didn't anticipate, and we can see the Lord's hand in our lives. We've had a very hot and humid week here in Makakilo, and then it's been rainy for 2 days. Super sticky, hot, but I still love it here despite all of that (:

We were able to have brunch with a very less active member, Sister Blodgett. She is an amazing woman, she works at the Suicide Hotline to help those who are in distress and suffering. She and I talked a lot about her job, and she really helped me to realize what I want to do after my mission. So grateful for not only her kindness, but for her testimony of the gospel. She came to church on Sunday, after 2 appointments with her in one week. I almost cried of joy, she totally made my Sabbath day :D

We had a few opportunities to do service this week, including making fa'ausi out of tarot with the Maili Kai elders! It wasn't my favorite dish to eat, but the opportunity to be immersed in the Samoan culture was awesome. We also spent a lot of today helping a Samoan aunty move, and she fed us choke Chinese food. It's been a great p-day! Before we did service, we went on a hike. I won't talk about my embarrassing moment when I fell into the ocean.... but I will talk about the moment I saw a seal! It was green and sickly looking, but that's okay, I saw one! Look at him!



He like scrap.

We had a follow-up appointment with our new investigator, Sam. He has continued reading the Book of Mormon, and studying the word and praying about it. The last time we met with him, he said he was very upset. His wife was very sick, and they had been wanting to move back to Thailand. He asked us to pray with him, and to continue to keep her in our prayers. Well, God is so good, he healed his wife! The only sad news is... We had our lesson with him Wednesday, and he flew back home with his wife on Thursday. Sam thanked us for teaching, and he says he will be going to tell his church he preaches for at home that the "Mormons are our friends and we should talk to them more often!" Even though he's moving back, we know the seed was definitely planted. (:

Friday was our longest day ever. Mitchell and I needed to take our rental car back to Honolulu, and pick up our car in Waipahu. Well, nobody in our zone was able to help us with this endeavor... SO. Mitchell and I arrived at the mission office at 11am, and then, we TOOK THE BUS. Yes, we rode the bus for 2 1/2 hours. At first it was super exciting, but then soon became long and painful. It is so easy to fall asleep on the bus, and to not really know what's going on. PLUS our bus broke down, so we had to switch. WORST DAY EVER. But that's okay,we still found the positive in all of it (:

We have been working on gaining ward trust, and it has definitely been worth it and working. I love my area, I love my companion, and I love my savior. I am grateful for all that I've been blessed with, including this opportunity to serve. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! Sorry it's a bit short, a little rushed today, but know I love you and love this gospel. 

Ofa atu,
Sister Nori




1 comment:

  1. He like scrap. For some reason that made me laugh for like three minutes straight, jeez.

    ReplyDelete