Thursday, July 23, 2015

Eternal Titles

To all my loved ones, alooooo-ha!

We've had an... interesting week. We had a great p-day, as you all saw (with my seal friend, he like scrap). Tuesday started off really great! We had zone conference, so the Waipahu zone came to Makakilo, and we received wonderful training from our mission president, his wife, and the AP's. We ate lunch, and then I started feeling weird... about an hour later I had to run out of the chapel and I might have emptied my stomach in the hallway. It was lovely, and my blood sugars were CRAZY for 2 days. That is an experience I'd love to forget. ANYWAYS, Sister Mitchell and I were stuck inside for a day and a half because of that. My companion is amazing though, she was in contact with the mission nurse, and really helped me to get better. She basically forced me to sleep and check my blood sugars. I owe her, I love her so much!

Thursday we had a not very successful district flood. Sister Mitchell and I are honestly frustrated at the moment. We have put so much work in these past 4 weeks, and the area isn't moving. All of our investigators have dropped us, when we tract everyone yells at us and slams the door, the less active members are not answering the door for us. We had to sit down and discuss the area for a few hours on Saturday, because the area is very small, and the work isn't moving along. It gets discouraging as a missionary. We've been praying so much, and diligently studying to make sure that we are doing all that we can do. The rest is up to the Lord! We know there is a miracle around the river bend, we just have to press forward with faith until then.

Friday was great, though! Our ward went to the Laie Temple, and we were given permission to go (: They rented a charter bus, and we left Makakilo at 3:45pm, and came home 6 hours later. It was a much needed spiritual trip for Mitchell and I, plus we were able to bond with the ward members. I'm grateful for this day! <3

Saturday was frustrating, to say the least. Again, nobody was home or answered, and tracting wasn't successful. We had a really fun Relief Society Enrichment night, though! We did role playing, about what to do and not to do with your visiting teaching. Plus there was plenty food (:

Our Bishop gave a little training at the RS social. He was talking about how all of us need to help one another, and how our ward family is our real family as well. Nobody is better than the other, and he said something that really got to me. Referring to the importance of families, and helping each other to help our kids have all they need, he said: "I am bishop now, but I don't know if that title will carry on into the next life, along with relief society president, or primary worker. But the role of Mother and Father... THAT is an eternal title."

Sunday was nice, we were able to make a few visits. The best part was definitely having dinner at the Holsteins home. She made Alaskan King crab AGAIN and lumpia's!!!!! It was so delicious!

Coming into a new week, I pray we are able to move forward with faith, and to gain more trust in the Lord. I know that He will bless us along the way, and we will learn as we move on. I love you all so very much, and pray that all of you are doing well! Thank you for your love and support, I'm sending my love your way (:

Ofa atu,
Sister Noriega


In the Visitor's Center



1 comment: