Monday, March 30, 2015

#BecauseHeLives

Malo e lelei everyone!
Sister Nori here, giving my weekly report for the 5th week of the transfer! That's right, I am almost finished with my 4th transfer of my mission! Time sure does fly (:

I cannot say we had the best week, lesson wise, because Sister Harris and I took turns with our sick days. Fever, aches, headaches, tissues, hot showers, all the lovely things that come with sickness! Somehow we STILL manages to exceed our goals, and continued to hasten the work here in Kaneohe.

Sister Harris and I have become the go-to missionaries to give the "Missionary Moment" at baptisms, so we're pretty much pro's at teaching the restoration of the gospel. It really has been good, we've done 4 so far, and each time I feel the Spirit stronger. I definitely have the First Vision down now! It's such an honor, to be able to be apart of that special day in someone's life. Baptism is the first covenant that we make with Heavenly Father, to follow Him and follow His commandments to the best of our ability. We take upon ourselves the name of Christ, and always remember Him.

Speaking of Christ, there's a wonderful new Easter video that the church has put out! It's called #BecauseHeLives. It's a short video, helping us to remember what Jesus Christ did for us. Because HE LIVES, WE can live. We gain eternal life through Him and His infinite Atonement, which consists of 3 events: When Christ took upon Himself the sins of the world in the garden of Gethsemane, when He was Crucified and died on the cross, and when HE WAS RESURRECTED. How vital it all was, for us to be able to live with our Heavenly Father again and with our own families forever. I am so grateful for Christ, and for the love He has. Please, watch this video and think of how Christ has blessed your life (: HeLives.mormon.org

We continued on working through our illness, which automatically made our week slow. We kept going though! We spent a lot of time with our members this week, and really getting to know them and ask them for their help in this work. This may sound silly, but we have gained so much ward trust by going to ZUMBA! They love seeing us there, and that we bring friends with us. The members are so much more willing to give us referrals, and help out. Kind of funny, I love it (:

On Saturday we had the pleasure of watching the 185th General Women's Conference at our Stake Center with missionaries and members from all around our Stake! I absolutely loved it. The theme was centered around families, and how The Family is Ordained of God. What a moving session it was! Before my mission, I received a calling to teach in Primary, and right before I left I was able to help with the Primary Program. I found myself being the only Sister Missionary that knew the words to the song "The Family is of God". (:
How true it is! I love the words to this song:

Our Father has a family. It’s me!
It’s you, all others too: we are His children.
He sent each one of us to earth, through birth,
To live and learn here in families

God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be—
This is how He shares His love, for the family is of God.

I adore this song, and love even more the truth it speaks. Heavenly Father has sent us here to live with our families so we can learn from them. So we can become what HE wants us to be. I know that without my family, I would be so lost. How blessed I am, to be able to have a loving family who loves me so much and supports me in all that I do. <3

Yesterday (Sunday), I was asked to speak at a missionary fireside that a few returned missionaries were putting on. I was nervous, but I knew it was a great opportunity to share my testimony of the gospel, and how it has personally changed my life in every way possible. It went well, many people from stakes around the ward showed up and brought friends and family. It was amazing!

I can't believe I'm coming on 6 months this Wednesday. I ran into the Ward Mission Leader's wife from my first area, Olomana, at the women's conference. She told me how happy and confident I looked, and that I radiate the love of the gospel. I don't know if that is all true, but I know she meant it. I totally got teary eyed! AND THEN the young women's president in Kaneohe 1st said how much I've changed since I first entered the ward in December, and how much more confident and happy I look and sound. God has been so good to me these past 6 months of my mission. I've learned so much about myself, and what I want in my life. This is the best decision I have ever made (besides getting baptized!), and I know I was sent here for a bigger purpose than I will ever know in this life. I love my Father in Heaven, I love my older brother, Christ, and what He did for us, and I love this gospel beyond anything. I am so grateful for my family, and that #BecauseHeLives I can be with them for eternity.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Still no official word if I'm being transferred, but as soon as I know I'll get in touch with someone. I've been here the longest now in the Kaneohe Zone, so it'll be kinda funny if I stay again. I do love this ward, so I wouldn't mind (: LOVE YOU ALL!

Aloha nui loa,
Sister Noriega


This morning we did "March Madness", and competed in teams of 3 for a grand cash prize of $6! Elder Baker, myself and Elder Bergman came in 2nd place (:

Relief Society Birthday Party! Some of the lovely Sisters we get to serve around (:

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that she's trucking through being sick and radiating happiness! It's so nice to hear that. I'm just thrilled for her. :)

    ReplyDelete