Monday, March 9, 2015

Blessings upon blessings!‏

Malo e lelei everyone!

This week started off super well! :D

On Tuesday we had our first zone meeting of the transfer. All the missionaries in the Kaneohe zone come together for a few hours, and receive training from our zone leaders and sister training leaders. Of course we had our fair share of fun, getting to know the new missionaries who transferred in and all, but it was also super spiritual! We talked about the difference between testimony and conversion, and how we are given tools as missionaries (and members of the church) to receive that help from our Heavenly Father to climb over any mountain of adversity we are faced with. I really enjoy zone meetings, because not only do we get to come together and discuss how we can better hasten the work in this area, but we grow from each others testimonies of the gospel. We all have such different backgrounds and conversion stories, yet here we are, united in one purpose: 

To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. 

On Wednesday, it was our turn to go and do service at Pearl Harbor! We were instructed to clean the railings on the USS Missouri, which was much easier than the last task we were given when we were there last. It was cloudy, but not too chilly. It was so much fun, and just, being able to do service anywhere makes you feel good, but there's a special spirit about Pearl Harbor. There are always so many retired and active military families, and it's so amazing to be able to see them smiling from ear to ear as they learn about World War 2!

Besides that, Pearl Harbor was a fun morning of service as a zone. Look, our little group of sisters even bought matching shirts for the occasion!


















Wednesday night we had our ward flood night, where we go out and visit various less active families that we feel would benefit from a visit! Now, at the last ward flood it was discovered that I had a super bad abscess, and had that... memorable procedure and all. I'm very VERY happy to report that nothing bad happened this time :D Haha! Actually I've been cleared by both Doctor Carlile's, I am healed and off of antibiotics. (: 

Then Thursday came.

I woke up extremely nauseous, dizzy, light-headed. It was bad news. I slept literally all day and night, I felt so bad for Sister Harris. She was stuck inside all day with nothing to do! She's awesome though, she took care of me and helped in any way she could! I appreciate her very much!

Friday came, I wasn't doing much better. So I was dropped off at a member's home, and Harris went out with a different ward member to make visits. It was actually super good for both of us!
That night, I asked for a Priesthood blessing from our zone leaders. I have such a testimony of the Priesthood. That authority that men are given to act in God's name to perform special ordinances, including blessing those who are sick, is such a huge part of the work we do. I am so grateful to have worthy holders of that priesthood as my zone leaders. Through their faith and my own, I was able to work hard and diligently all day Saturday!
And thank goodness too, because Saturday was packed full of events!

We went to our wards family history fair in the morning, which is just fascinating. There are a few members who have done their family history all the way back to Adam and Eve! Like, what!? I have a lot of new tools I can use upon my return home, so I can work towards that (:
THEN we had a few appointments that afternoon, with the Baso family, Martha, Steven, and then a baptism in Olomana! What a crazy and spirit-filled day it was, though. There is no work quite like this. I find myself happier and happier as the weeks go by, as I continue to lose myself in the work and grow my testimony of this gospel.

I love my mission. I am tired often, and it stinks to be sick and away from home, but the Lord is protecting us. Our district leader was actually in a pretty bad car accident this last week. They were driving too fast down a hill, and didn't see a stop sign. Next thing they knew, they hit a hedge, the car flipped in the air, and fell about 20 feet. Looking at the pictures and their surroundings, they could have easily died. Literally, the spot they fell was the only little space where there wasn't bricks. They don't have a car anymore, BUT they have their bodies and lives. I know I am being watched over and cared for, and I am grateful that those Elders are safe and working today!

I love you all so much, and I hope you have amazing weeks. Remember how much you are loved, and how important you are!

'Ofa atu,
Sister Noriega




1 comment:

  1. 'Lexis lookin thug in that Kaneohe snapback. Plus, it sounds so neat to be able to go to Pearl Harbor. Not only because of its historical significance, too!

    ReplyDelete